The people who plan, manage, and build our projects are all experts in their field, and an integral part of our company’s success. Bryan Katzenmaier is a Director of Business of Development, leading our growth and project pursuits around the Carolinas. He brings more than two decades of industry knowledge and experience to the role.
1. What’s your current day-to-day look like?
Networking, relationship Building, and research.
2. What’s the one lesson you’ve learned in this industry that’s stuck with you?
Always do what you said you were going to do.
3. What are you working on now?
Pursuit of a high-rise multifamily tower and budgeting two other significant projects in Charlotte, NC.
4. How did you get started in the industry?
I started in contract office furniture sales and that led me to construction material sales and then to subcontractor sales in waterproofing and glass & glazing.
5. What’s your most memorable project?
There are so many but probably the One Bank of America Center in Charlotte, NC or the Cigar Factory in Charleston, SC.
6. Describe the last challenge you solved on the job.
Assisting our team with references and my knowledge of the glazing and waterproofing subcontractors in the NC market.
7. What’s the best part of your job?
Meeting with people and the excitement of chasing new projects.
8. What’s your hidden talent?
I am a competitive fly fisherman and earned a position in the US National Flyfishing Championships.